As with the great Rhine carnivals, the highlight of this one is the coronation of both the children's Princely Couple and the Carnival Prince and Princess which take place in February.
Aside from these events the principle attraction would have to be the Great Calvacade which brings together an impressive number of groups as well as many original and fabulously decorated floats.
The Great Cavalcade offers spectators a magnificent parade in front of the Town Hall, during the afternoon of Laetare.
The festivities are brought to a close with a grand ball at the Cultural Centre.
Enthronement of the Children's Prince.
Enthronement of the Carnival Prince.
Ladies' Thursday "La Belle Clique".
Carnival ball "La nuit des Clowns".
International procession of the Laetare WE.HE.LO.
The parade sets off from rue Grande Bruyère at 1.30 pm; animations on the Place des Combattants. The party after the parade will take place on place des combattants.
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 88 11 09
- website : http://www.si-welkenraedt.be
Tourist information on the town WELKENRAEDT
Visit our partners' webpages
- International contemporary engraving biennale (and engraving festival)
- Aperitif/Concert at Stavelot Abbey
- André Grétry - The 200th Anniversary of the Death of the Liege Composer
- Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps