European Quidditch Cup in Brussels
Have you ever wondered what quidditch was like outside of the library or the cinema theatre? Discover it in Woluwe, from 01 to 02/02/14!
That's right, quidditch, the sport played by Harry Potter and the students of Hogwarts and invented by JK Rowling.
In 2005, American students started the trend and since then it has grown in popularity all over the world.
There are teams in Europe, Australia and even Singapore! In fact, the 7th Quidditch World Cup is comming up soon and the European teams are going to have to battle it out for the 6 qualifying places!
12 teams from various countries come head to head in a particularly stupefying atmosphere!
Entry is free!
There will even be marquees and tents to protect yourself, if needs be, from the elements, a,d food and drink at reasonable prices on site (Toasted sandwiches, coffee, tea, chocolates, beers, etc.).
The 12 participating teams are:
- Barcelona Eagles (Spain)
- Nantes Quidditch (France)
- Milano Meneghins (Italy)
- NTNUI (Norway)
- Radcliffe Chimeras (Oxford, Englang)
- Oxford Quidlings (Oxford, England)
- Lunatica Quidditch Club (Brindisi, Italy)
- Paris Frog Quidditch (France)
- Paris Phenix (France)
- Belgian Qwaffles (Brussels)
- Belgian Beerters (Antwerp)
- Lille Black Snitches (France)
For more details on the draw for the groups and the organisation of the standings as well as predictions on the different teams, check the Gazette du Sorcier website!
Don't hesitate to join the Quidditch community on Facebook!
Come and enjoy a magical moment. Muggles allowed!
Visit our partners' webpages
- Cristina Iglesias Exhibition at Brussels Fine Arts Museum
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate
- Exhibition: Zurbarán - Master of the Spanish Golden Age
- Classic Racing Car Restoration Workshop
- War & Toys. Belgian Toys of 1914-1918 - Exhibition in Brussels