Muséum des Sciences naturelles
Rue Vautier 29
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels is a world of discoveries for all the family!
The rooms of the museum hide some real treasures: genuine iguanodon skeletons found in Belgium, Ishango bone tools, mammoths from Lier, Tasmanian wolves, moonstones, meteorites...to name just a few!
With more than 17,000 specimens, a modern and dynamic layout and many interactive games and activities, the Museum is more than just a museum, its a real experience to be lived.
And that's not all, the museum also hosts the largest Dinosaur gallery in Europe. Since May 2015, the Museum of Natural Sciences has had a brand new gallery: the Gallery of Humankind.
Children aged 3-6 years old love:
- Digging in the sand to find bones and competing against the Pachycephalosaurus in the Dinosaur Gallery...
- Observing urban animals and trying to catch them on the interactive carpet in BiodiverCITY,
- Trembling in the face of tarantulas, stick insects, spiders and other living insects in the Vivarium!
You can also discover
The Raconte-moi on Wednesdays: a story, arts and crafts and a visit of a room to discover an animal.
Language: French only
Booking is necessary: +32 (0)2 627 42 34
Children aged 6-12 years old love:
- Meeting the stars of Jurassic World thanks to a new, free games-route.
- Stepping into the shoes of a paleontologist in the paleoLAB and following in the footsteps of dinosaurs,
- Discovering the sea giants of the Cretaceous period in the Mosasaur room,
- Admire the power and the beauty of nature at the WoW - Wonders of Wildlife exhibition,
- Exploring the urban jungle and meeting its little inhabitants in BiodiverCITY.
- The various discovery itineraries for children,
- Children's course in French and Dutch.
- Learning to be a palaeontologist and discovering what happened to the dinosaurs by following our teams on their dig sites,
- Discovering the origins and evolution of man and how the human body works,
- Understanding the mechanics of evolution,
- Learning how to manage urban nature in a sustainable way in BiodiverCITY,
- Discovering the links between science and nature through the ages in "250 years of Natural Sciences".
The Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels houses the largest collection of dinosaurs in Europe. But that's not all!...