Family visit to the Folon Foundation
Ferme du Château de La Hulpe
Drève de la Ramée 6 A
1310 La Hulpe
- MAPS: Google Maps
Discover in La Hulpe, the Folon Foundation museum, dedicated to the work of a multifaceted artist. A perfect family visit!
Over 500 works by Belgian artist Jean-Michel Folon are exhibited 20 minutes away from Brussels on the Chateau de La Hulpe farm. This building with charm and character, located at the heart of the magnificent Parc Solvay, houses over 40 years of creations.
The design of the museum is lively and very personal. It allows visitors to approach his work in an original way and create a real dialogue between the works and the poetic place which houses them.
Music, films and special effects bring the trip to life. The result is a strong, magical and amazing exhibition.
Something for the children
Children from 3 to 6 years old will enjoy:
- The birds flying in the watercolour skies.
- The robot who dances around at the top of a ladder, in a room studded with multi-coloured stars.
Children from 6 to 12 years old will enjoy:
- The wall of posters which is reflected millions of times.
- The blue man's head: while listening to a video and soft music, they can enter a sphere where hundreds of mirrors reflect their image.
- Mail-art: a long, cylindrical corridor with envelopes painted by artists who corresponded with Folon.
- The video showing Folon creating a watercolour.
- The museum's original presentation.
- The surprising start to the book on Folon's life.
- Videos, moving sculptures, optical effects,...
- The feeling of freedom expressed by "The man sat facing the sea" (watercolour and sculpture set up facing the sea).
And to round off your family visit, why not go for a stroll in the fantastic Solvay park.
Tourist information on the town LA HULPE
Around 20 minutes from the heart of the magnificent Parc Solvay, the Folon Foundation and its museum takes visitors through this Belgian artist's poetic universe....