Square de l'Atomium
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Atomium is an iconic architectural symbol for Brussels and Belgium and soon to be the home of the ADAM, Art&Design Atomium Museum.
He loves architecture and science-fiction films.
It was 1958. No, the Atomium isn't a structure brought here by aliens. It was, in fact, created in 1958 for EXPO '58, the Brussels World's Fair.
Couple's trip to the Atomium
From the glass-ceiling lift, to the stunning panoramic view of the whole of Brussels, a visit to the Atomium is well worth it:
- A surrealist journey through enormous tubes and spheres,
- 8 exhibition spaces spread throughout 5 spheres,
- A permanent exhibition about Expo 58 and the fabulous world of the 50's,
- Themed and original temporary exhibitions on architecture and design on display all year round,
- A panoramic restaurant, 92m at its highest point, giving you an unbeatable view of the city while you have a romantic, gourmet evening meal amidst the magical illuminations.
She felt strong emotions, like childhood memories.
He's left imagining a trip into space, in an incredible 9-balled machine.
© ADAM, Art & Design Atomium Museum
The ADAM, the Atomium's new museum, will open its doors at the Brussels Trade Mart, at the Heysel Exhibition Park....
Exhibitions to discover
EXPO '58 gave us the Atomium and the 2016 exhibition calendar reflects one of the major themes of that event: dreams and utopia.
In the summer and until the beginning of autumn, a section of the Atomium will host a digital (sound & light) installation that will plunge visitors into a dream world and awaken all of their senses.
ID#2016, Digital Sound & Light installation in Brussels (LAEKEN)
The year will be rounded off with an exhibition dedicated to the golden age of civil and commercial aviation. A time when taking the plane made you dream and was considered the height of glamour.
The Atomium is the symbol of Brussels and Belgium, a unique monument and an emblematic witness to the Universal Exhibition of 1958....