The innumerable riches of Liège, discover them as a couple
Maison du Tourisme du Pays de Liège
Halle aux viandes
Quai de la Goffe 15,
- MAPS: Google Maps
An ancient city and Wallonia major tourist destination, Liège has innumerable riches to be discovered as a couple.
Escape together to Liège and discover its considerable architectural heritage, a rich events calendar and an intense night life.
Liège, the city the never sleeps
The ancient city of Liège has innumerable riches to discover hand-in-hand:
- A considerable architectural heritage: the Prince-Bishops' Palace, Saint Paul's Cathedral, the Guillemins train station (designed by Santiago Calatrava)...
- A large number of quality museums: Grand Curtius, La Boverie (opening May 2016), the Archeoforum, Vie wallonne and many more. Not forgetting the city's art galleries and antiques dealers.
- Typical and lively neighbourhoods like those of the Carré and Outremeuse.
- The river Meuse and its surrounding hills.
- A rich events calendar (the Ardentes Festival, the 15 August in Outremeuse...) and an intense night life.
For couples who fancy a spot of shopping, the city centre and its pedestrian shopping streets are bursting with all kinds of boutiques:
- Renowned creators, young designers,
- Large shops: Carré, Passage Lemonnier, Saint Lambert Gelleries,
- The Médiacité and Belle-Île shopping centres are a few minutes from the city centre.
Would you rather do you shopping outdoors? La Batte market on a Sunday, Belgium's biggest and oldest weekly market and the Saint Pholien flea market (every Friday morning) are both musts.
Liège, Beer Lovers' City Label
Liège has become THE place to be for beer lovers. The "Beer Lovers' City" label awarded to hotels, bars and restaurants guarantees excellence: good beer service, discovery of exceptional beers, experienced and knowledgeable advice and a varied offer.
Treat yourself (responsibly, of course)!
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016
- Prince-Bishops' Palace, Liège
- La Batte Sunday Market, Liège
- Liège-Guillemins TGV Train Station