The Voies d'Eau du Hainaut, family discoveries along the river
Voies d'Eau du Hainaut asbl
Rue des Clercs 31
- MAPS: Google Maps
Great fun for children
Children from 3 to 6 love:
- The boat trip.
- Talking to the crew members and asking them all their questions about navigation.
- Admiring the nature that surrounds the canal, such as the ducks, birds....and the stature of the infrastructure.
- Having their picture taken on the boat or alongside the comic book characters from the "Pays de Génies" (Land of geniuses) show-itinerary.
Children from 6 to 12 love:
- The pleasure of a boat ride.
- Getting their hands on the models and answering the quiz.
- Discovering the in and outs of a boatman thanks to the "Un bateau, une vie" show.
- Relaxing on the cruise.
- Experiencing the crossing of the lifts and the inclined plain.
- Discovering what it entails to be a boatman.
- Learning the history of the canals.
- Taking in the view of the region from the top of Strépy-Thieu or from the Ronquières tower.
- Watching the films on the construction and working of these pieces of art.
Les Voies d'Eau du Hainaut also offer special events for Mother's Day, your child's birthday, Halloween... follow them on Facebook.
Tourist information on the town MONS
The Claire-Fontaine Leisure Centre in Godarville offers activities for the whole family. Sports, relaxation, swimming and fishing...
Visit Ronquières Inclined Plane, a remarkable feat of engineering from the 1960s at the heart of the Hainaut Province....
A visit to Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, the biggest boat lift in the world, is packed full of surprises!...
Come and visit the famous historic Canal du Centre and its hydraulic lifts. Timeless pieces of engineering art classed as UNESCO world heritage sites....
At the heart of the Park of Canals and Castles, which stretches out from Thieu to Ronquières, via La Louvière and Godarville, you can discover remarkable historical or...