Visit and experience Mons with your family
Maison du Tourisme de la Région de Mons
Grand Place 22
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Mons region has a wide range of tourist activities on offer for families. Mons, European capital of culture for 2015, is worth a visit!
Fun for children
- Discovering The Pass and its scientific games or exploring the nearby slag heap accompanied by a nature guide.
- Listening to concerts of the Belfry bells, listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, from the Jardin du Mayeur and playing with the Ropieur statue.
- The Natural History Museum rooms and its dinosaur and other specie skeletons, and not forgetting the géant Constantin.
- Impressing their friends by becoming the nature guide thanks to the training offered by Malogne in Cuesmes (8 years old+, 3 times a year)
- Having a picnic in the castle's park, admiring the belfry and visiting the "Un Beffroi en chantier" ("A belfry under construction") exhibition at St Calixtus Chapel.
- The children's shows at the Théâtre le Manège.
Teenagers will love:
- Jumping on their bikes and going for a ride near the open sea.
- Climbing aboard a "Piaggio" rickshaw and discover Mons in a different way.
- Discovering water skiing and/or wakeboarding at the Belgium Cable Park.
Tourist information on the town MONS
The Pass is a group of interactive exhibitions that help you discover science differently was a family. Only 6km from Mons....
This proud symbol of Mons' identity, affectionately known as "el catiau", was erected in the 17th century after the bell tower collapsed in 1661....
Nice setting to discover nature. Presentation of a great variety of animals and environments. Educational complex on zoology and ecology. Natural science...
The St-Calixte's Chapel (11th century) has been restored and houses the Museum of the Count's Castle (archeological discoveries, medieval iconography...), audiovisual show....
Prestigious collections of works of art are housed in the several museums of the city like for example the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Decorative Arts....
Way between French and Dutch canals and waterways, the Grand-Large Marina in Mons is a real European site! It counts 157 rings and a modern PORT AUTHORITY with sanitary facilities...