Treignes - Museum village, for children
Treignes Village des Musées
- MAPS: Google Maps
Treignes, Museum village, nestled in its verdant setting, welcomes you to its 5 museums where culture is accessible to all ages!
3 to 6-year-olds love
- The Ecomuseum's vintage agricultural machinery and vegetable garden,
- the Arthur Masson Centre and its animated models in 3D surroundings, the old school equipment in the 'Ecole d'Autrefois',
- the miniature Märklin train track and pretending to be a train driver at the Steam Railway Museum,
- the works of art placed at the right height for them in the Musée du Petit Format (contemporary art museum),
- the Musée du Malgré-Tout (archaeological museum) where they can touch animal skins and colour in.
6 to 12-year-olds love
- Their grandparents' stories about old trades and touching old tools in the Ecomuseum,
- pretending to be a schoolchild from 1932 in the Arthur Masson Centre,
- discovering the controls of the locomotives in the Steam Railway Museum,
- discovering the colours and techniques of contemporary art in the Musée du Petit Format,
- the "true or false" quiz and the prehistory gallery in the Musée du Malgré-Tout.
- The working forge and mechanical horseshoe maker at the Ecomuseum,
- the Walloon dialect at the Arthur Masson Centre and the contrast between schools now and in 1932,
- the steam train journey and the path over the workshop restoring machinery,
- the planisphere withthe geographical origins of the works in the Musée du Petit Format,
- the computer space, the Roman games, the comic strips and the interactive spaces in the exhibitions at the Musée du Malgré-Tout.
Enjoy a reduced entry price by going from museum to museum and discover all the temporary exhibitions.
At the end of your visit...
Each museum has a souvenir shop.
Two museums have a cafeteria where you can have a break during the day.
Tourist information on the town VIROINVAL
The Arthur Masson Centre, dedicated to the Belgian writer, an original visit in the heart of the superb Virion valley in Belgium....
Archaeology museum: temporary exhibition (all year), regional archaeology, animations, guided visits to archaeological sites, information space, screening room, library.....
The Steam Train Museum in Treignes, which opened in 1994, reveals the history of this traditional mode of transport....
Housed in a listed château farm in Treignes, the Viroin Eco-Museum is a link between the past, present and the future....
Many steam locomotives and ancient train carriages will be present for this festival. Go back to your childhood in Mariembourg from 20 to 22/09/13....