The Railbikes of the Molignée, a family trip through nature
Les Draisines de la Molignée
Rue de la Molignée 116
- Opening Dates
- MAPS: Google Maps
An ideal trip for all the family - pedal along a former railway line through the Molignée valley between Falaën and Maredsous.
You can choose from 2 different "pedal" routes:
- One 8km route from Warnant to Falaën and back, or 6km from Falaën to Maredsous and back,
- a 14km route from Warnant to Maredsous and back, for the more courageous pedallers!
Bonuses for children
- Children from 3 to 6 years old enjoy safely sitting at the back and enjoying a stunning view! Laughs are guaranteed wherever their parents' fancy takes them as they sit pedalling away in the front seat.
- Children from 6 to 12 years old enjoy pedalling by themselves, under the watchful eye of their parents, transporting friends and family to their destination.
- Teenagers can have fun in the railbike crocodile line, trying to catch up to the railbike in front, pedalling at top speed when the railbike behind appears to be following them a little too closely!
To end your visit
If you're wearing sensible shoes, you can climb the paths leading to the Maredsous Abbey, where even the most rumbling stomachs can be satisfied with the abbey's produce, such as cheese, bread and, for older visitors, Maredsous Abbey beer, of course!
And after all this effort, have a relaxing stroll in the calm and spiritual atmosphere of the abbey. The playground will keep the little ones amused.
Tourist information on the town ANHEE
Enjoy the joys of a rail bike as you travel at your own rhythm on the old tracks along the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous....