CASTLE OF LA ROCQ
Chemin de la Rocq 21
7181 ARQUENNES (SENEFFE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Eustache de Bousies, Lord of Feluy, had the Château de la Rocq built for his son Wauthier, known as "Fier à Bras" on account of his warrior-like nature, in 1390. All that remains of the castle built during this period is the shell of a square tower that surmounts the porch. The other buildings date from the 17th and 18th centuries. The castle was built from limestone and the roof is made from slate. It is a U-shaped building arranged around a courtyard. Originally, it formed a quadrangle but the south wing was knocked down during the 18th century in order to clear the view over the grounds and the wood.
Castle cannot be visited.
Tourist information on the town SENEFFE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium