NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ROYAL TENNIS
Hôtel de Ville
Grand Place 45
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Museum, in the heart of Ath, one of the cradles of the "balle pelote", is located in a wonderful place installed in the sumptuous cellars of the City Hall (17th century), accessible by lift. This permanent exhibition offers a fascinating trip in the universe of ball games. Their historic, sociological, ethnographical and economic aspects are abundantly illustrated by an educational trail and rich collections of old pieces and documents. The reconstruction of a tavern and the screening of films plunge the visitors in the cosy and impassioned atmosphere of the "balle pelote". Every visitor is offered a "galopin" (0,23 liter) of the museum beer, the "Gant d'Or".
Open all year round on request by phone: +32 (0)475/47 40 19 - +32 (0)479/95 02 96 - +32 (0)472/57 56 28.
Free guided visits.
Children - 12 years: free of charge.
Tourist information on the town ATH
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014