Binche Belfry, UNESCO World Heritage Site
Hôtel de Ville
- MAPS: Google Maps
The belfry is located in Binche's town hall, which dates back to the 14th century. Burnt down by the French in 1554, the hall was soon restored in a Renaissance style by architect Du Broeucq. In the 18th century, the architect Dewelz covered the building with a neoclassical façade but, after major restoration works in 1901, the town hall regained its Renaissance appearance. A Baroque onion dome crowns the belfry. The belfry houses the carillon, which includes several 16th-century bells. The coats of arms of Charles V and his sister Mary of Hungary adorn the building.
A UNESCO "World Heritage of Humanity" site.
Useful informationFor more information please contact: Office du Tourisme de Binche - Hôtel de Ville, Grand-Place, 7130 Binche. The interior of the Belfry is not accessible.
Included in the Guided tour of Binche.
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines