Le Fuseau Lace and Art Professions Centre of Binche
Grand Place 25 1
- MAPS: Google Maps
Originally, the lace of Binche wasn't different from the Valenciennes lace. It had the same origins and was imported from France at the beginning of the 17th century. It has become different with the years.
The lace of Binche is now known for the extreme delicacy of the threads used by the lacemaking women. Their snowy aspect gives the works a magical touch. Lace was particularly fashionable and a well-loved activity before the French Revolution, even abroad and Victor Hugo made it famous in "Les Misérables".
Le Fuseau also provides handicraft Carnival items (masks, costuems, Binche violins, etc.)
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 36 63 76
- fax : +32 (0) 64 36 63 76
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum