Le Fuseau Lace and Art Professions Centre of Binche
Grand Place 25 1
- MAPS: Google Maps
Originally, the lace of Binche wasn't different from the Valenciennes lace. It had the same origins and was imported from France at the beginning of the 17th century. It has become different with the years.
The lace of Binche is now known for the extreme delicacy of the threads used by the lacemaking women. Their snowy aspect gives the works a magical touch. Lace was particularly fashionable and a well-loved activity before the French Revolution, even abroad and Victor Hugo made it famous in "Les Misérables".
Le Fuseau also provides handicraft Carnival items (masks, costuems, Binche violins, etc.)
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 36 63 76
- fax : +32 (0) 64 36 63 76
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region