- MAPS: Google Maps
Historical monument since 1936, this is one of the few pillories to have preserved its lantern. It was erected in 1521 by "Maximilian de Hornes de Gasbeck", chamberlain of Emperor Charles V. Of all the remains of the past at Braine-le-Château, the pillory is undoubtedly the most famous and most well-known monument.
Guided visits of the main monuments are organized on prior request (15 days in advance) at the Royal Syndicat d'Initiative.
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-LE-CHATEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of the Armed forces and Military History, Brussels
- Musée Meunier Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Lion's Hamlet & Visitors' Centre and Waterloo battlefield