CENTRALE for Contemporary Art
Place Sainte-Catherine 44
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Centre for Contemporary Art of the City of Brussels is turning over a new leaf!
Since its creation in 2006, the Centrale électrique - Centre for Contemporary Art's mission was to raise public awareness of contemporary artistic creations, while remaining a venue that is open to the world, Europe, the city and the neighbourhood.
In 2012 the Centrale électrique began a new phase of its history and abandoned its old name to become: CENTRALE for Contemporary Art. The CENTRALE for Contemporary Art has positioned itself as the major centre for contemporary art in Brussels.
This creative laboratory aims to get closer to Brussels' population in all its diverse forms. The CENTRALE hopes to deploy a Brussels identity through a calendar of contemporary art events that present a spirit of decompartmentalisation, of reflection and of support for contemporary creation.
- Adults - €5,
- Seniors (60 years old), groups (minimum 10 people), adult students (with valid student card) - €4,
- Student card (18-24 years old), job seekers, teachers (with valid identification) - €2.50,
- Youth card (Carte Jeune) and Art 27 status holders - €1.25,
- Free for children under 18 years old, group accompanier, ICOM (museum workers), AICA (International Association of Art Critics) and Sodexo.
Free guided tours with no booking required (included in ticket price) are held on the 1st Sunday of every month at 11:30am.
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Atomium - Monument and Symbol Built for Expo 58
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates
- Cauchie House