Colonne du Congrès - Congress Column in Brussels
Place du Congrès
- MAPS: Google Maps
Built in 1850, the work of Poelaert is surmounted by a statue representing Leopold I.
The Column commemorates the National Congress of 1831 which proclaimed the Belgian Constitution.
At the foot of the monument burns the eternal flame, homage to the Unknown Soldier of the First World War (1914-1918) and to the heroes of the 1940-1945 war.
From this place, you have an excellent view of Brussels.
Access: Bus: 29, 63 / Tram: 92, 93, 94.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
Visit our partners' webpages
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts - Musée Fin-de-Siècle Museum
- December 2015, Plasticarium Art & Design Museum