Visit : Museum/Discover, Monument
Coudenberg - Former Brussels Palace. Museum & Archaeological site
© M. Vanhulst
Entrée via le Musée BELvue - Mont des Arts
Place des Palais 7
- MAPS: Google Maps
Coudenberg archaeological site reveals an underground route and a museum dedicated to Charles V's palace on the Place des Palais in Brussels.
Coudenberg Archaeological siteThe Coudenberg archaeological site is made up of the remains of the old Brussels palace, the Hoogstraeten hotel and the Rue Isabelle. This fascinating walk takes you beneath the cobbles of the Place Royale on a discovery tour of the remains of the Coudenberg palace which was one of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor's residences.
Coudenberg MuseumHoused in the remains of the old Hoogstraeten Hotel, the Coudenberg museum invites you to discover a permanent exhibition of objects found during numerous archaeological digs on the site over the last 25 years. You can combine your visit of Coudenberg with that of the BELvue museum.
Discover the BELvue Museum.
- Tuesday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm,
- Weekends and in July and August 10am to 6pm,
- Closed 1 January, 21 July and 25 December,
- Closed from 2pm on 24 and 31 December.
Duration of visit: between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 minutes.
PricesVisit of the Coudenberg
Senior citizens & Groups of over 15 people: €5
18 - 25 year olds, job-seekers, disabled people: €4
Combined ticket BELvue + Coudenberg
Senior citizens & groups of over 15 people: €8
18-25 year olds, job seekers & disabled people: €7
Free for under-18s, teachers, accompanying adult and Brussels Card holders.
Audio guide available in French, Dutch, German and English: €2.50
The archaeological site is accessible to people with reduced mobility who are accompanied, except the Aula Magna. You are advised to contact reception before your arrival. E-mail
Visit our partners' webpages
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts