WAY OF THE CROSS OF THE SAINT-LAMBERT DE BURE CHURCH
6927 BURE (TELLIN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Church dedicated to Saint Lambert. You will find here, among other things, the authentic 14 way of the cross stations in beaten copper (1938-1940), work of Joseph Gillain (1913-1980), known as Jijé, author of the Spirou and leader of "l'école Marcinelle", specialized in the realist Belgo-French comic strip. Jijé also built and decorated in 1935 seven niches about the Sorrows of Mary which lead to the chapel of Our Lady of Haurt, in the same village of Bure.
Possible guided tour in French, only in advance booking at +32 (0)84/36 64 07 (preferably in the evening) or at +32 (0)84/36 65 37.
- website : http://www.jije.org
Tourist information on the town TELLIN
Visit our partners' webpages
- Orval Abbey
- Bouillon Fortress, its exhibition and its Birds of Prey Show
- Durbuy Labyrinth - An extraordinary attraction in Belgium
- The Game Park of La Roche-en-Ardennes
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights