Visit : Museum/Discover, Monument
Fort of Emines, a Great War memorial site
© Fred. Pauwels/collectif HUMA
Rue du Fort d'Emines
5020 CHAMPION (NAMUR)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Fort of Emines, a memorial site in the province of Namur, re-opened on the occasion of the centenary commemorations of the First World War.
Situated 5 kilometres from Namur, between the villages of Emines and Saint-Marc, the Fort of Emines is excellently preserved and remains for the most part, unaltered since 1914. The Fort is part of the Fortified Position of Namur, which has preserved many traces of its military past. In total, 9 forts are concealed in the wooded mountains around Namur.
Triangular in shape and designed by General Hénri Alexis Brialmont, the Fort of Emines was built between 1888 and 1892 and today still presents an outer wall that has remained in excellent condition.
Guided tours, specifically organised as part of the First World War commemorations, enable visitors to really embrace this impressive site.
Don't forget to book your visit!
Visits from 03/08 to 15/11/14 by reservation only.
Don't hesitate to also discover the Circuits around the Fortified Position in Namur by bike or by car.
- tel. : +32 (0) 470 25 28 65
- website : http://www.weezevent.com/fortemines
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- Walks in the Pays de Namur, guided tours of Namur and its surroundings
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- The Trois Vallées Steam Train Museum in Treignes
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse