Porche Caserne Trésignies
Avenue Général Michel 1
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Infantery Museum is located in the barracks of Trésignies in Charleroi, built in 1880 and listed in 1979. Until 1976, it was the place of garrison for the 1st and 2nd Regiments of the "Chasseurs à pied".
In order to show how the "Chasseurs à pied" have contributed to conquer or maintain freedom, from the 1830 Revolution to the operations in Ex-Yugoslavia, the Museum organises a trail called "Le Prix de la liberté" (The Price for Freedom).
Closed on public holidays.
Guided tours for groups only by appointment: curator: +32 (0)71/59 29 45 or see details of the museum.
Comic strip "La Belle Histoire des Chasseurs à Pied" (Volume 1 - Volume 2 published in 2008): € 7,- + € 3,- for postage.
Tourist information on the town CHARLEROI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum