Guided Tours of the Historical Centre of Chimay
Syndicat d'Initiative de Chimay
Rue de Noailles 4
- MAPS: Google Maps
Setting off from the Vieille Tour, last remains of Chimay's fortifications, the route visits major monuments and sites of Chimay's historical centre.
The city of Chimay is located at the edge of the High Fens and the Thiérache regions and is known for its castle on the cliff overhanging the Eau Blanche river.
Its Grand-Place and the collegiate church, with its bulbous clock tower, give the town a particular dignity.
There are numerous trails through the nearby forest and countryside for nature lovers.
And don't forget the Notre-Dame de Scourmont Abbey, near the Oise springs, where the world famous Chimay trappist beer is brewed!
Year-round visits by reservation
Children 6 to 12 years old: €1
Children under 6 years old: Free
Groups: minimum 17 people. €1.50 (if less than 17 people fixed rate of €25 for the group)
Languages available: French, Dutch and English
Tourist information on the town CHIMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure