Remember Museum 39-45 asbl
Les Béolles 4
4890 CLERMONT (THIMISTER-CLERMONT)
- MAPS: Google Maps
On 12 June 1994, Bennie Zuskin, an American veteran of the 1st division, cut the inaugural ribbon of the "Remember Museum 39-45". The name says it all. This museum created by Marcel and Mathilde Schmetz is a place of recollection.
In November 1944, 110 American soldiers of the 26th regiment of the 1st infantry division stayed for a couple of weeks at Mr Schemtz's farm. The regiment left Clermont in December 1944 to join the battlefield of the Ardennes.
An educational museum which is also original, simple and gives you a warm-hearted welcome. The Remember Museum wants to be the proof of our gratitude towards the G.I.s who gave their lives for our freedom.
Guided tours on reservation (min. 10 pers.)
Guided visits in French, Dutch, English, German and Walloon
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 44 61 81
- fax : +32 (0) 87 44 61 81
- website : http://www.remembermuseum.com
Tourist information on the town THIMISTER-CLERMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center - Battle of the Bulge Museum
- Plopsa Coo theme park - fun and leisure for the whole family
- Natural Centre of Botrange
- Ansembourg Museum (Museum of Archaeology and the Decorative Arts)
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016