Visit : Park/Garden, Vegetable Garden - Medicinal Plants
The kitchen garden of Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle
© Vincent Everarts de Velp
Rue de Seneffe 1
7191 ECAUSSINNES-LALAING (ECAUSSINNES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The kitchen garden of Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle is located next to the castle in Ecaussinnes. Discover this beautiful hundred-year-old garden.
- A kitchen garden on a steep rock
- Useful information to prepare your visit
An 18th-century garden
The kitchen garden of Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle was created in the 18th century and is owned by Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle.
The garden, which is perched on a steep rock dominating the Seneffe valley, was abandoned (as was the castle) after the van der Burch family left.
Today it has been restored retaining its period features. It is both a kitchen garden producing fruit and vegetables for the whole household and also a pleasure garden.
Visiting the kitchen garden
Visits can take place from 1 April to 1 November on Sundays at 2pm. €3 per person.
An audioguide of a garden visit can be downloaded from this website.
Why not end your day with a visit to Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle?
The kitchen garden and castle are listed as exceptional heritage sites in Wallonia.
Come and stroll among the flowers in the kitchen garden of Ecaussinnes-Lalaing Castle.
- website : http://www.chateaufort-ecaussinnes.be/#!contact/c16fm
Tourist information on the town ECAUSSINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles