Château de Solre-sur-Sambre
- MAPS: Google Maps
Located near an enclave of the principality of Liège, where the Thure meets the Sambre, the Château de Solre-sur-Sambre defended the border.
The castle bears significant witness to Medieval military architecture in Hainaut with its quadrilateral shape and circular towers, as well as an imposing keep entrance.
The castle has a large inner quadrangle which is accessed by the keep entrance at the centre of the S flank.
Four circular towers strengthen the corners. Over time, other buildings were constructed around the outer courtyard against the curtain walls.
The public is unable to visit the castle.
Unguided visits of the outdoor site are always allowed.
Tourist information on the town ERQUELINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre