FAGNOLLE - ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES IN WALLONIA
Rue de Fagnolle
5600 FAGNOLLE (PHILIPPEVILLE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Town of Philippeville (Province of Namur)
Nestled on the hillside, Fagnolle is a tiny village bursting with slate and limestone and has retained its homogeneous architectural homogeneity, which dates from the 18th century. Fagnolle is typical of a contiguous settlement. Agricultural exploitations, the dwellings of the working-class population of the 19th century and the arrival of the townsfolk fill the existing vacant spaces. Fagnolle is and excellent example of a typical terraced village of the Fagne area in the Province of Namur.
© asbl Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie
Guided tours possible.
In accordance with a French initiative, the association "Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie" created in 1994 crowns the most beautiful country sites of Wallonia with its label. Listed buildings and outstanding patrimony (in an intact environment) go hand in hand with the inhabitants' will to share their joy of living there.
Tourist information on the town PHILIPPEVILLE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Trois Vallées Steam Train Museum in Treignes
- Spitfire Museum - Colonel R. Lallemant D.F.C. in Florennes
- Domain of the Caves of Han - PrehistoHan
- Walks in the Pays de Namur, guided tours of Namur and its surroundings
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts