7387 FAYT-LE-FRANC (HONNELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Set apart from the village of Fayt-le-Franc, the château-farm of Rampemont stands in the surrounding countryside.
This large quadrangular structure is now a working farm but preserves numerous elements of the old fortified dwelling once inhabited by the Lords of Rampemont.
Of the many Lords of Rampemont, several shared an active interest in politics. Their presence in Mons and in the authorities of Hainault has been recorded over the centuries and they played an important role in the county's history.
The château-farm, laid out around a square courtyard, comprises an entrance flanked by two square towers and low annexes, two residential buildings, one remodelled in the twentieth century and the other dating from an earlier period, a coach house dating back to 1619, a large barn, cowsheds and other outbuildings.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 010203
Tourist information on the town HONNELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre