The new Prehitomuseum of Ramioul opened on 7 February
Rue de la Grotte 128
- MAPS: Google Maps
The brand new Prehistomuseum of Ramioul, one of the largest prehistoric museums in Europe, opened on 7 February.
The future Prehistomuseum
The Prehistomuseum, a brand new museum stretched over 30 hectares in the forest of the Ramioul Grotto.At the Prehistomuseum, you'll discover collections from the most prestigious prehistoric sites in Wallonia.The museum will also organise exhibitions that will cover three themes: Prehistory, archaeology and society.
The Plus points of this extraordinary museum
- 10 km of forest walks,
- The Ramioul Grotto's archaeological site,
- the experimental archaeology laboratory in the heart of nature,
- the conservation, research and documentation site that's open to the public,
- the temporary exhibitions centre and its international schedule,
- the lounge and its gourmet and prehistoric menu to be enjoyed by the big open fire.
For lovers of Archaeology
Come and join the archaeologists of the old Prehistosite at 2 new venues:
- The Grottes de Goyet in Gesves, Namur.
Tourist information on the town FLEMALLE