Château de la Paix
Chemin de Mons 61
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château de la Paix, in Fleurus, is famous for housing Napoleon on the night of the battle of Ligny on 17 June 1815, the night before Waterloo.
Today, it is home to certain local authority departments. This elegant Neoclassical building dates from the end of the 18th century. The castle looks out on a small park and is built from limestone and brick. The front of the building is cemented and all other sides are painted in pink.
In 2015 it will host a reconstruction of Napoleon's room.
Only the park is open to visitors.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 82 02 11
Tourist information on the town FLEURUS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes