Château de la Paix
Chemin de Mons 61
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château de la Paix, in Fleurus, is famous for housing Napoleon on the night of the battle of Ligny on 17 June 1815, the night before Waterloo.
Today, it is home to certain local authority departments. This elegant Neoclassical building dates from the end of the 18th century. The castle looks out on a small park and is built from limestone and brick. The front of the building is cemented and all other sides are painted in pink.
In 2015 it will host a reconstruction of Napoleon's room.
Only the park is open to visitors.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 82 02 11
Tourist information on the town FLEURUS
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts