Château de la Roquette
Rue de la Roquette 6
6567 FONTAINE-VALMONT (MERBES-LE-CHATEAU)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château de la Roquette is a fine two-storey castle with two main buildings which is five bays long and surmounted by a slate-hipped saddle roof.
Short, single-storey wings have been built on to the end views. The whole building is erected on a base of measured blue stone. The wings have terraced roofs.
Construction took place between 1836 and 1842. In 1976, Pierre Ferbus bought the whole castle from the descendants of the Hazard-Durot family and still lives there. The outbuildings show that they used to belong to Aulne Abbey.
Not accessible to the public.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 55 60 94
- fax : +32 (0)
Tourist information on the town MERBES-LE-CHATEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014