ABBEY OF SAINT DENIS
1190 Brussels (FOREST)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The priory was founded in 1106, near the Saint-Denis church. Thanks to its location on the road from Paris to Brussels, important people stayed there for a few hours or days before going to Brussels. In 1764 the Abbey was demolished by a heavy fire. It has never been able to get back its original beauty. It was not until 1964 that the town of Forest started to renovate the Abbey.
It consists of 4 main buildings forming a horse shoe. In the first building left from the church entrance exhibitions are organised. A bit further on you will discover the "Château".
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 376 38 79
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Comic Strip Village in Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels