DUDEN PARK, PARK OF FOREST AND LAINE SQUARE
1190 Brussels (FOREST)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Park of Forest has a little bit the form of a big ear, and its concave relief makes one think of a concha, listening to the hum of the city and the banks of the Senne river. It is adorned by lawns, which are elegantly bent towards the Place de Rochefort, and by clumps of various trees, placed in groups and composed of pinewoods, beech groves, etc. Its main place is the belvedere, planted with chestnuts and today called the "Grande-Butte", alongside the Avenue Reine Marie-Henriette. From the west to the north of the panorama, 10 church towers can been seen from the viewpoint, which was an observation post in 14-18. The exotic essences of the plantations could give the statute of a zoological garden or a more modern garden, a green place.
Access: Bus: 48, 54 / Tram: 55, 90.
Surface area: 36 ha.
Garden of the Maison Pelgrims.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
- website : http://www.brussels-gardens.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- Cauchie House
- Lion's Mound, Waterloo Battlefield
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- BOZAR - Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels