LES BONS VILLERS : THE DEPUTY MAYOR'S ROOM
Rue de l'Encloître
6210 FRASNES-LEZ-GOSSELIES (LES BONS VILLERS) (LES BONS-VILLERS)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Between the 10th and 13th centuries, there was a priory in Frasnes-lez-Gosselies, but it fell into disrepair and the bricks with which it was built were used to create the building known as The Deputy Mayor's Room. The "room" is, in fact, an impressive carriage gateway, just like you find at the entrance to any large farm or abbey. Over the arched entrance is a room where the village elders of Frasnes-lez-Gosselies used to gather when the town was granted a franchise in 1160. Today, The Deputy Mayor's Room has been magnificently restored to its former glory.
Every 4th Sunday of June numerous inhabitants of Bon Villers and surroundings gather for their traditional rural meeting and visit.
Open by appointment.
Guided tours by appointment.
Other phone number: 071/85 14 20.
Free of charge.
Tourist information on the town LES BONS VILLERS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle