THE BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY OF WALLONIA AND MUSEUM
Rue Fiévez 1
- MAPS: Google Maps
The garden was created in 1985 by M.-L. Dutilleux, its owner, a retired agricultural engineer. This conservatory garden is essentially aimed at the protection of cultivated species and its numerous collections of plants are part of genetic resources. It is the only living museum of the potato, with numerous ancient varieties. It also presents the most beautiful collection of Allium from the north of Europe, of which certain varieties go back to the Middle Ages. Of 1500 species cultivated in open air, 25 are protected species by Wallonia, 60 are protected in Europe and 15 are protected by the CITES. We also have a beautiful collection of tulips, geraniums and alpine plants, hemerocallis, peonies, euphorbia, hellebores, spices and aromatic plants.
We are member of IPGRI and FAO.
OPEN BY APPOINTMENT
Guided visits (fee) only on reservation 10 days in advance: for groups (max. 20 pers.) and for individuals.
Educational service only by appointment.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 633 20 25
- fax : +32 (0) 2 633 20 25
Tourist information on the town GENAPPE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Lion's Mound, Waterloo Battlefield
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Folon Foundation
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place