The Ruins of Herbeumont Castle
- MAPS: Google Maps
The ruins of the Château d'Herbeumont, also known as the Knight's Tomb, are listed a major heritage site of Wallonia.
These 13th century medieval ruins are situated on a rocky Spur dominating the village of Herbeumont.
Erected by Jehan of Rochefort, son of the House of Walcourt, in the year 1268, the castle was occupied by other families over the following centuries: the Marck Rocheforts, the House of Stolberg and the House of Lowenstein.
It was burnt down in 1657 by the French troops of Marshal de la Ferté on the orders of Louis XIV.
Access throughout the year.
Guided tours on request from "Les Amis du Château d'Herbeumont"
Tel: +32 (0)61 41 26 12.
- tel. : +32 (0) 61 41 26 12
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town HERBEUMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights
- Orval Abbey
- The Game Park of La Roche-en-Ardennes
- Bouillon Fortress, its exhibition and its Birds of Prey Show
- Durbuy Labyrinth - An extraordinary attraction in Belgium