Château de la Berlière
7812 HOUTAING (ATH)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In 1793, Balthasar d'Ennetières et des Mottes began building the existing castle designed by Tournai architect Antoine-Joseph Payen le Vieux.
The castle was not completed until 1834-1835.
This imposing U-shaped building stands on a base surrounded on three sides by water. It is a two-storey quadrangular building with an avant-corps at the centre of the front and rear façade and a rectangular tower at each of its four corners.
The avant-corps and towers are two-and-a-half storeys high. Every floor is marked by mouldings or cornices. The overall horizontal effect is reinforced by the balustraded attics masking the roof.
Tourist information on the town ATH
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure