The Château de Bon Revoir
7801 IRCHONWELZ (ATH)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In the 19th century a notable from Irchonwelz, Mr Willame, owned several properties. These passed through marriage to the Smits who built the castle.
The property and the newly built château passed to Mr Hubert. The estate at that time comprised a manor house, called the Château Hubert, a small farm and its outbuildings, grounds, a large vegetable garden, meadows and orchards.
It was acquired by the State in 1947 and is today a primary teacher training college and secondary school.
The castle is set out in an L-shape. Above the ground level, two levels of façade are plastered and enhanced with stone decoration.
The main building is covered by a saddle roof and the corner angle by a Mansard roof. The entire roof features many later skylights.
Tourist information on the town ATH
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Ronquières Inclined Plane
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies