Avenue de la Couronne 71
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Clients like to stay at home more and more, so there are less and less chip shops. Because of these two facts, Eric opts for "the" solution.
The owner of the Bompa chip shop is convinced that the future of the good old chips fried in beef fat lies in new technologies.
Potatoes will be "2.0" or nothing. Internet must enable clients to identify the "real" chip shops. But you must never associate chip shops to snack bars in front of Eric. The 80 year old energetic little man insists that frying chips is a profession to its own. "An artists's job!" he adds.
Realising how big the impact of social networks is, he creates a page for the "Bompa chip shop" on Facebook. And he posts a few pictures of fricadelles and his motto "Believe in yourself".
And it has a great success, as he currently has 297 friends and an article in the gazette of the VUB, the neighbouring university.
Encouraged by the results, he then makes a website. In one click, clients have access to opening times, menus and a couple of songs on fried chips!
© Julien Thomas
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts