1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In Brusselian mythology, the Flagey square is inseparable from its famous chip shop.
For years now Frit Flagey has forged itself an enviable reputation for its delicious tartare sauce cones.
Just like villages that lie at the feet of volcanoes, the chip shop enjoys a fertile base of clients, but it also has a sword of Damocles hanging on its head, due to the fact that it lies on government-owned land.
There is no certainty that the local authorities will prolong the 9-year commercial lease. It risked receiving a nasty blow in 2007, but Frit Flagey has a thick skin! And thanks to recent renovation work, the square is splendid.
© Julien Thomas
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Atomium - Monument and Symbol Built for Expo 58
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts