1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In Brusselian mythology, the Flagey square is inseparable from its famous chip shop.
For years now Frit Flagey has forged itself an enviable reputation for its delicious tartare sauce cones.
Just like villages that lie at the feet of volcanoes, the chip shop enjoys a fertile base of clients, but it also has a sword of Damocles hanging on its head, due to the fact that it lies on government-owned land.
There is no certainty that the local authorities will prolong the 9-year commercial lease. It risked receiving a nasty blow in 2007, but Frit Flagey has a thick skin! And thanks to recent renovation work, the square is splendid.
You can find information, texts, photos, a dictionary on chips, technical data and location of chip shops by downloading the app Top49 Fritkots Bruxelles by Blablapps.
The app tells you where the closest chip shop is anytime anywhere: a great help if you're feeling peckish!
- website : http://www.top49.net
Visit our partners' webpages
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Folon Foundation