PONDS OF IXELLES
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The ponds of Ixelles offer a unique architectural and artistic setting. They are located between the Avenues Général-de-Gaulle and Eperons-d'Or, they are an extension of the gardens of the Abbey of la Cambre. At the end of the first pond, the neoclassical façades with their triangular pediments are an original transition between the Chaussée d'Ixelles and the residential area of the ponds. On the side of the ponds, another scenery : the houses, built in 1870-1880 in an eclectic style and red bricks were designed by Victor Besme. We can also discover houses in a Flemish neo-renaissance style, art nouveau and art deco, with, as main representative, the building of the National Broadcasting Institute on the Place Flagey.
Access: Bus: 37, 38, 59, 60, 71 / Tram: 81.
- website : http://www.bruxellesenvironnement.be/Templates/Particuliers/Informer.aspx?id=1830&langtype=2060
Visit our partners' webpages
- Delacre Boutique
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Château de La Hulpe on the Solvay estate