The Paix-Dieu Abbey
Rue de la Paix Dieu 1b
4540 JEHAY-BODEGNEE (AMAY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Paix-Dieu Abbey is situated in a small valley surrounded by forests, meadows and fields.
This peaceful architectural site is in perfect harmony with nature.
The abbey's history started in 1244 with the arrival of the abbess Aelid and the nuns of the Order of Cîteaux.
In 1797, it was sold as a state property and is now the headquarters for the heritage development centre and for the Hesbaye and Meuse Tourist Office.
The "Quartier des Hôtes" (Guest quarter) is accessible to the public from Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm.
A permanent exhibition tells the life of the Cistercian community who lived at the monastery for over 500 years.
Telephone: +32 (0)85 41 03 50 or fax: +32 (0)81 41 03 80.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 070834
Individual visits are free of charge.
Tourist information on the town AMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- Stavelot Abbey, tourism & culture space, non-profit organisation
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center - Battle of the Bulge Museum