The Atomium - Monument and Symbol Built for Expo 58
Square de l'Atomium
1020 Brussels (BRUXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
- Opening Dates
- All year round
- Daily : 10:00-18:00
- All year round
The Atomium is the symbol of Brussels and Belgium, a unique monument and an emblematic witness to the Universal Exhibition of 1958.
- A surreal journey through tubes and spheres,
- The most spectacular panoramic view (360°) of Brussels and its surroundings,
- A permanent exhibition on the history of the monument,
- Temporary exhibitions centred on varied themes,
- A shop overflowing with unique gifts,
- A panoramic restaurant 95m from the ground for a well-deserved lunch-break.
A bit of history...Built for the Brussels World's Fair in 1958, the Atomium was only supposed to last for 6 months, but such was its popularity, that it quickly became a major part of the Brussels landscape.
Prepare your visit
Guided visits, videos and audio guides.Audio and video guides for the deaf and the hard of hearing can be rented at the ticket office. Guided visits can be organised for a maximum of 25 persons.
Information and bookings on the Atomium website
Children can spend a night in one of the spheres of the Atomium that has been prepared especially for them. Night stays are reserved for school groups of children aged between 6 and 12 years old.
Info and bookings on the Atomium website.
Persons with reduced mobility can access the central and higher spheres. Unaccompanied children under the age of 14 are not allowed.Animals not allowed.
Some useful documents to download
Map of your visit
- Atomium, visits for groups
- The Atomium with your family: your children will love it!
- Couple's Visit to the Atomium