Rue du Marquis 1
6530 LEERS-ET-FOSTEAU (THUIN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
At the peak of an undulation towering above the surrounding meadows, the silhouette of the Château de Fosteau can be seen. This imposing 14th-century fortified manor house is still armed with its four towers. The Lords of Semousies, Sars, Zwenne, Marotte, Henry, Jamblines and, finally, Aoust all carefully developed residential buildings around the central keep. In this building you can see one of the finest Gothic rooms in Belgium. Beautiful and simple French gardens designed as a series of terraces laid to lawn spread out down to the pond. The castle has been a listed monument and the surrounding area has been a listed site since 1979.
Practical informationThe castle is closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 000253
Tourist information on the town THUIN
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region