Pays de Geminiacum Welcome Centre - Django Reinhardt & Liberchies Museum
Place de Liberchies 5
6238 LIBERCHIES (PONT-A-CELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The welcome centre, in the village of Liberchies, allows you to discover the Pays de Geminiacum, a beautiful, natural region in central Belgium.
The welcome centre includes:
- The Liberchies Museum, dedicated to remains from archaeological sites in Liberchies
- The Django Reinhardt Interpretation Centre, named after the famous jazz guitarist born in Liberchies
- A showcase of local products to discover and taste.
The welcome centre offers information on the natural and architectural heritage, walking routes, visits and leisure activities in the region.
The Liberchies Museum invites you to discover the permanent exhibition dedicated to the archaeological digs on two Gallo-Roman sites in Liberchies, Brunehaut and "Les Bons Villers", and its many finds in a specially adapted room.
230 rooms highlight all we know today about the little Gallo-Roman town.
Famous local exports
The interpretation centre dedicated to Django Reinhardt, born in Liberchies in 1910, highlights the life, work and the influence of this famous guitarist on contemporary music. It also organises "In the steps on Django" guided tours on request.
The welcome centre also aims to promote local produce. Local producers invite you to try their specialities on site.
Wednesday: From 1pm to 5pm
Saturday and Sunday: 2pm to 5pm
The centre is also open until 8pm during the Liberchies farmers' market.
Accessible to disabled people.
There are also many free cultural and tourist brochures at your disposal.
Tourist information on the town PONT-A-CELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium