Château-Ferme de Macon
Place Yvon Paul 9
6591 MACON (MOMIGNIES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Better known perhaps for its age-old lime tree, the village of Macon has other attractions, most notably, a 17th-century château-farm.
The château-farm was built in 1616 by Nicaise Poschet, a master blacksmith.
The site was left derelict for many years but has now been converted into holiday apartments.
Macon château-farm is a traditional ensemble dating from 1616, according to an inscription on the façade of the former dwelling.
Its ashlar and rubble stone buildings line a quadrangular courtyard.
The castle cannot be visited.
Tourist information on the town MOMIGNIES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014