STONE MUSEUM AND QUARRY OF THE MAFFLE
Chaussée de Mons 419
7810 MAFFLE (ATH)
- MAPS: Google Maps
This museum is not only dedicated to the local industry, but also to the whole of activities linked to the work of stone in Belgium and in Europe. You can get to know the different extracting, production and cutting techniques, by means of machines, tools, and iconographic documents. The transportation techniques have evolved quite a bit since the Middle Ages with mechanisation (steam, rolling bridges, industrial railroads). The museum also tells the story of the social conditions of the mineworkers (salary, work, clothing, housing) and the masters of the quarries. Also take a look at the movies regarding the work of stone and the social conditions of the miners.
Open all year round on reservation.
Guided visits on request.
Duration of the visit: 2 h.
Guided visits for groups and schools: min. 20 people.
Guide dogs allowed.
Tourist information on the town ATH
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park