MELIN - ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES IN WALLONIA
Rue du Rivage
1370 MELIN (JODOIGNE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Town of Jodoigne (Province of Walloon Brabant)
Nestled on the heights of the " Gobertange " valley and offering immense landscapes, the village of Mélin is huddled around its church. The houses in white stone called " pierres de Gobertange " (stones of Gobertange) are lovingly decorated and flowered. The gables of the buildings perpendicular to the road and the constructions arranged in L or U form, are typical of the village. The architectural whole, formed by 4 large farmes, small farmouses and houses are witnesses of the 19th century. The harmonious combination of the white stone with bricks constitutes the homogeneity of the village's character.
© asbl Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie
Guided tours possible by appointment +32 (0)10/81 01 65.
In accordance with a French initiative, the association "Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie" created in 1994 crowns the most beautiful country sites of Wallonia with its label. Listed buildings and outstanding patrimony (in an intact environment) go hand in hand with the inhabitants' will to share their joy of living there.
Tourist information on the town JODOIGNE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Moof, Museum Of Original Figurines & 3D Comics in Brussels
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour