Mons Doudou Museum and JArdin du Mayeur
Jardin du Mayeur
- MAPS: Google Maps
Located in the Jardin du Mayeur, in the heart of Mons, the Mons Doudou Museum will open its doors in spring 2015.
Dedicated to the Ducasse de Mons, on the UNESCO list of Intangible Heritage since 2005, this museum offers you a total immersion in the legendary battle between Saint George and the dragon.
The space invites you to discover this exceptional part of Mons heritage, that is showcased through different angles: historical, anthropological, scientific, artistic, lay or religious. between reality and imaginary, it will aim to understand and promote the different aspects of this universal and multi-secular history.
A visit of the Mons Doudou Museum is also the perfect opportunity to discover the Jardin du Mayeur (Mayor's Garden), created in 1930 and housing the famous Fontaine du Ropieur (the Mischievous Boy Fountain).
Guided visit by written request at Mons Tourist Office.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin