Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
Rue de Nimy 76
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Mundaneum, archive centre and exhibition space is an unmissable cultural spot for discovering Mons, the European Capital of Culture 2015.
Open once again after 2 years of major works.
Digital transformation has become a reality, it is redefining the contours of our society. At a time when the EU is laying the foundations for a unique digital market it is an original venue which questions the origins of this revolution which can be compared to the invention of the printing press in the 15th century.
A bit of history
The Mundaneum today
- Universal Bibliographic Repetory, which is inscribed to the UNESCO Memory of the World List.
- The International Newspaper Museum
- Personal papers from the founders
- Archives on anarchy, feminism and pacifism
- Books, posters, photographs, post cards, etc.
Open from Tuesday to Friday, from 1pm to 5pm and from 11am to 6pm at weekends and on public holidays.
Guided tours: €100 for groups; €75 for school groups and associations; €80 for group + video game. Groups are maximum 25 people (065/39 54 80).
Tourist information on the town MONS