Avenue Reine Astrid
- MAPS: Google Maps
Designed by the landscape garden Louis Fuchs in mid-19th century for a group of important Mons townspeople, the garden was bought by the town of Mons later in the century. A 5 hectare landscaped park with some very old and remarkable trees: an American walnut, a weeping lime, Turkish hazel etc. There are also stands of age-old trees, water features and lawns planted with no fewer than 100,000 bulbs which provide a blaze of colour in the spring. As well as two fine lakes there is an exercise trail, a children's play area and tennis court.
Access : E19-A7 (Brussels - Mons), Mons exit - Train: Mons station + "intra muros" bus from the station to the city centre.
Admission free for the park.
- tel. : +32 (0) 65 33 55 80
- fax : +32 (0) 65 35 63 36
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Laser Game at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- Strepy-Thieu boat lift
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park